Oncology Nurse Navigator Program
Denton Regional has an oncology nurse navigator program in the area to help guide patients through the process. This is important because the Oncology Nurse Navigator is a registered nurse trained in cancer care, who guides and supports patients through the challenges of having cancer. From diagnosis to recovery, cancer and the effects of therapy can dramatically impact one's life.
The Oncology Nurse Navigator at Denton Regional Medical Center is Judy Jeanes, RN. The Breast Cancer Navigator at the hospital, she has the expertise, experience, and compassion to help ease your way through the treatment process. Additionally, she works closely with Solis Women's Health and Mayhill Outpatient Diagnostic Center. Referrals may come from doctor's offices, and patients are encouraged to contact Judy directly.
For the Patient
The Oncology Nurse Navigator's primary responsibilities are to ease the burden on patients and their families and to help coordinate the efforts of the medical team. In this role, they will help you:
- Understand your diagnosis and available treatment options
- Voice any questions or concerns with your doctors and other health care team members
- Find transportation to your appointments, if necessary
- Understand your medications
- Connect with Denton Regional Medical Center and community resources for support
- Explore work-related or financial concerns you may have and connect you to appropriate resources
For the Referring Practice
- Reduces time from initial imaging findings to diagnosis and treatment
- Keeps patients from falling through the cracks
- Access to multiple specialists through Disease Site Teams
- Walks patients through complicated and confusing processes
- Coordinates referral to Disease Site Team members
- Follows test results
- Serves as liaison to referring physicians
- Supports patient throughout diagnosis and treatment
The Oncology Nurse Navigator Program is ready to support you through the entire cancer journey. Please contact Judy Jeanes at (940) 384-3990 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.