Cardiac Rehabilitation is a program designed to help people with cardiac conditions. It incorporates a program of supervised exercise therapy, health teaching, medical management, and psychological support to assist you and your family.
The program is recommended for people who:
- Have stable angina
- Have had Acute Myocardial Infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary-bypass surgery (CABG)
- Heart Valve Repair/Replacement
- Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Coronary Stenting
- Heart or Heart-Lung transplant
Cardiac rehabilitation is mainly a structured exercise program that is designed to meet the individual needs and exercise goals of each patient.
Our professional team of registered nurses, exercise physiologists, dietitians, chaplains or counselors, and pharmacists work together to help you in your recovery. In collaboration with you and your physician, our team will design an individualized program to meet your specific fitness goals.
The plan usually consists of:
- Supervised exercise training
- Assistance with home exercise program
- Nutritional counseling
- Stress management
- Cognitive integration or Thought processes
- Relaxation training
- Lifestyle modification
For more information, click one of the following: